Monday, May 19, 2008

Prince Caspian

So I saw this movie last night. First impressions... long movie, but worth the time. While parts of the movie may have been a bit slow compared to the battle sequences, the story moved along nicely. Good acting jobs by the leads. The battle scenes are pretty intense but not very bloody. It having been several years since I read the book, I still thought they did a fairly accurate rendition of the story on screen. However, I must admit that my memory is not as good as it used to could. Purists may have some objections, but no retelling of a story from book to screen is ever going to be 100% faithful to the book. I liked the cinematography. Movie makers seem to like to venture into New Zealand for film locations ever since the success of LOTR. Some scenes were shot in Prague, Czech Republic and Poland, as well. The animation was very well done also. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

No comments: