Monday, March 23, 2009

We interrupt this thread on Genesis 3

with a breaking news story!

The wife and I are expecting our firstborn! Yay, God! :D I'm thrilled and a little terrified. I'm grateful and anxious. I'm hopeful and fearful. I'm awestruck at the miracles He provides for us and how dependent for life we are upon Him. Lord, I pray that my wife and child be healthy. I pray that we lead our child in Your ways of justice and righteousness, of mercy and compassion, of love and forgiveness, of kindness and patience, of study and worship, of work and rest, of friendship and peace. May our child be blessed with a love of your Word and its teachings, a fruitful and happy marriage and a lifetime of good deeds devoted to Your glory and service.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Amen! :woohoo: I can't say it enough...I'm so excited for you and your wife! Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! :D

Thantali said...

I know I've already said this, but I am so excited for you! I know you'll be a great father. I know you'll give your child a great foundation in the Word...

Ben (discipleofElyon) said...

WOOT! That's incredible! Ditto on what Cody said. You'll be a great father!
Praise our heavenly Father for such a blessing! Elyon's Strength brother! :)

leo509 said...

Thanks, guys! I'm really excited as well. :D I hope your votes of confidence prove true. Elyon's strength indeed. :)

Zach said...

Major congrats once again! PTL! :D

leo509 said...

Thanks, Zach!