Thursday, March 5, 2009

For a brief shining moment

I was warm. :) I was walking around outside enjoying the sun. I could see grass under my feet instead of snow and ice. Most of you know that I have been on vacation for the last week. I was in sunny Florida, enjoying the beaches, the warm weather, the company of family and friends and of course the food. Where'd we go? DQ, a sushi restaurant, a chinese restaurant, pizza, subs, coffee shops (I hate the coffee, but there was other food like bagels and muffins and such), we even visited a wine and cheese shop. Now I'm not a wine drinker, but the wife is. And we both like cheese and there was tapas and empanadas too. Oh what else, ice cream and cookies of course.

It was really nice to get away from the stress of work and non rent paying tenants and just enjoy one another's company. It's a rare treat that the wife and I get to spend large amounts of time together. Both of us are extremely busy with work (she has 2 jobs) and after work activites: shul, choir rehearsals, klezmer rehearsals, committee meetings, volleyball, etc. For a few days, we were able to put all that behind and just be together. And it was really refreshing.

There were a couple poignant moments in our travels as we realized we wouldn't be bringing back any souveniers or gifts for my wife's mother. I didn't dwell on them too long. I think she would have enjoyed hearing about our vacation and what all we did and our visit with our friends and family. Part of me wonders if she already knows what we did. Perhaps she can see us from heaven and is pleased that we had a good time. I would like to think so, but, really, who knows?

Nu, a good vacation. Praise God for the time off and a chance to recharge the batteries and especially to enjoy the warmth, even for a brief, shining moment.

6 comments:

Zach said...

Glad to hear it was grand :) Which of you is it that plays v-ball?

Anna said...

I'm so glad you two got to spend some time together! Yeah, your life is busy busy busy. I bet it was nice to chill out for a while :) Praise God for your safe travels and warm memories!

Lots of love and huggage,
Sobrina Lilly

leo509 said...

Hey Zach, thanks for your reply. :)

That'd be me that plays the v-ball.
Poorly, but I have a good time anyway. :D

leo509 said...

Lilly, it really was nice. Yes, thanks be to God for all that good stuff. :)

Sparky said...

I just found your blog! This is Airwolf! Also know as Katz/Elyown/ 2Heaven/Skyhawk. Whatever! It's nice for Thantyali to have Sarah's and your blog.

leo509 said...

Airwolf! Thanks for coming to my blog! Thanks, Cody for bringing another person to my blog. :)