Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fun on July 4

So...we (myself and a couple friends) were trying to light the gas grill that me sister in law has so we could cook the burgers and dogs and stuff. And it's not lighting and we turn off the valves and wait a bit and try again and still nothing. And the sky's dark and it looks like it might rain and people are randomly shooting off fireworks in the neighborhood.

And we decide to give it another try and just as I push the ignition- BOOOM!!!!!- there's a sound like a cannon going off.

My word, I thought we were all toast. After the heart rate slows down to normal and we check bodies and are convinced we having lost any body parts and our hair hasn't been singed and the house is still standing, we slowly realize that it was just a firecracker.

But, wow, what timing. :0

2 comments:

TLMinut said...

ROFLOL!!
It would have been hilarious to see everyone's faces!
Laughter is the Best Medicine, right? And after that, your hearts needed it!

leo509 said...

:D

I must have jumped a foot. Yeah, we laughed about it ... afterwards. :)